- Get Started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- For Implementers
- News and Events
About the Agency
- Tenders and Offers
- Digital Health Space Blogs
- Australian Digital Health Agency Board
- Australian Digital Health Agency Executive Team
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Board Advisory Committees
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
- Help Centre
- Useful Links
- Website Accessibility
- Senate Order Reporting
- Corporate Plan
- Digital Health Cyber Security Centre
Blog: Getting the care you deserve, no matter where you live
- Created on Thursday, 15 February 2018
Australia's famously harsh outback is an unforgiving place. To survive and prosper in such an environment requires more than just grit and self-reliance - it requires innovation. The Royal Flying Doctor Service and the School of the Air are just two of the famous Australian innovations that have helped to overcome the vast distances and support rural and remote communities.
Digital health technologies are now bringing a new generation of innovations to the outback, supporting the development of services that would otherwise be difficult or impossible. As psychiatrist Dr Ken Feilke puts it, access to high level healthcare shouldn't depend on the postcode where people live.
Read the latest blog on rural health in Digital Health Space.