- Get Started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- For Implementers
- News and Events
About the Agency
- Tenders and Offers
- Digital Health Space Blogs
- Australian Digital Health Agency Board
- Australian Digital Health Agency Executive Team
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Board Advisory Committees
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
- Help Centre
- Useful Links
- Website Accessibility
- Senate Order Reporting
- Corporate Plan
- Digital Health Cyber Security Centre
- Reporting fraud
- Public Interest Disclosure
AAPM National eHealth Roadshow
- Created on Wednesday, 21 March 2012
An eHealth roadshow for Practice Managers and their staff will commence a national tour, kicking off in Canberra on Thursday 29 March. The Australian Association of Practice Managers (AAPM) National eHealth Roadshow, sponsored by the National E-Health Transition Authority (NEHTA), will visit over 20 cities and towns across Australia giving Practice Managers the opportunity to see how they can get their practice 'eHealth ready'.
Brett McPherson AAPM National President emphasised that Practice Managers are at the forefront of eHealth in Australia.
"Practice Managers are considered the 'agents of change' within their practice and have the opportunity to not only improve the practice in terms of efficiency, but facilitate better care for their patients through eHealth." Mr McPherson said.
Seminars will cover:
National eHealth solutions and how they will work in practices
How the Healthcare Identifier (HI) Service integrates with existing medical software
How to register a practice with the HI Service
- The personally controlled electronic health record (PCEHR), available to all Australians to register from 1 July 2012, and how this will affect practices.
NEHTA chief executive officer Peter Fleming said eHealth will change the way healthcare is delivered in Australia.
"The development of eHealth will involve timely and appropriate sharing of clinical information between patients, their individual healthcare practitioners and healthcare provider organisations."
"NEHTA is proud to sponsor this roadshow. This is a wonderful opportunity for Practice Managers and staff to get involved in this new era of healthcare delivery," said Mr Fleming.
From the end of March to July 2012, eHealth advocates (and AAPM Members and NEHTA Clinical Leads) Jan Chaffey and Marina Fulcher will be hitting the road, showing how easy it is for practices to become eHealth compliant.
- To register and to learn more about the CPD points applicable:
For more information contact Alison Sweeney Public Affairs Officer on 02 8298 2669 / 0414 187 350 or send an email to a>[email protected]