- Get Started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- For Implementers
- News and Events
About the Agency
- Corporate Plan
- Australian Digital Health Agency Executive Team
- Australian Digital Health Agency Board
- Board Advisory Committees
- Agency Clinical Reference Leads
- Digital Health Cyber Security Centre
- Digital Health Space Blogs
- Photo Gallery
- Senate Order Reporting
- Reporting fraud
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Public Interest Disclosure
- Tenders and Offers
- Useful Links
- Website Accessibility
- Help Centre
- Contact Us
New blog post! Meredith Makeham on big data in healthcare: the US experience and potential for Australia
- Created on Monday, 24 July 2017
Australian Digital Health Agency Chief Medical Adviser, Meredith Makeham, writes on international collaboration in digital health services.
In this technologically advanced age we are able to draw knowledge from many interesting sources which were not previously available to us.
As they are increasingly integrated into healthcare, electronic and digital technologies enable the collection of increasing amounts of data. Data which we are able to translate into knowledge, to help us make more informed decisions, and to improve the quality of services.
Professor Atul Butte, of the Stanford School of Medicine reminded us that within “mounds of data is knowledge that could change the life of a patient, or change the world.”
Read the full blog post on Digital Health Space Blogs.