- Get Started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- For Implementers
- News and Events
About the Agency
- Tenders and Offers
- Digital Health Space Blogs
- Australian Digital Health Agency Board
- Australian Digital Health Agency Executive Team
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Board Advisory Committees
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
- Help Centre
- Useful Links
- Website Accessibility
- Senate Order Reporting
- Corporate Plan
- Digital Health Cyber Security Centre
Blog: “Pharmacists have worked in the dark for way too long”
Associate Professor Mark Naunton says that pharmacists have worked in the dark for too long, and looks forward to them having secure access to patient health information.
Associate Professor Mark Naunton is head of Pharmacy at the University of Canberra. He believes that thanks to My Health Record, pharmacists will be able to practice what they preach – they will have secure access to a patient’s health information.
Associate Professor Mark Naunton
For too long pharmacists have worked in the dark with patients. Having a My Health Record will mean important health information such as allergies, current conditions, medicine details, pathology reports or diagnostic imaging scan reports can be digitally stored in one place and will allow access by health professionals with the patient’s consent.