- Get Started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- For Implementers
- News and Events
About the Agency
- Tenders and Offers
- Digital Health Space Blogs
- Australian Digital Health Agency Board
- Australian Digital Health Agency Executive Team
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Board Advisory Committees
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
- Help Centre
- Useful Links
- Website Accessibility
- Senate Order Reporting
- Corporate Plan
- Digital Health Cyber Security Centre
- Reporting fraud
Get started with digital health for healthcare providers
- What is digital health?
- Set Up
- PIP eHealth Incentive
- For Researchers
- Digital Health Evidence Review
Australia's health sector is embracing supply chain reform and making significant progress towards an interoperable system that delivers substantial quality and efficiency benefits for providers and consumers.
Supply Chain reform is needed because:
- There is a lack of standardised product identification
- There is a lack of standardised location identification
- Multiple product data catalogues are maintained per hospital, per hospital network and per state
Poor supply chain costs the health system money:
- Wrong product ordered/delivered
- Wrong quantity/poor forecasting and inventory management
- Redundant purchasing tasks, inefficient work practices and less accuracy without automation.
The Agency is leading the way through the National Product Catalogue (NPC), a central repository of accurate, standardised information about products from large medical devices, to consumables and medicines, along with an eProcurement solution designed to streamline the electronic purchasing process.
We need to be able to:
- scan and record within clinical systems a product, the patient, the caregiver
- track and trace surgical instruments, medical devices, implants, medications
- use the information available to reduce adverse events
- efficiently remove recalled products
- reduce stock outs by better inventory management
- have visibility across the health system
- have the right product to be in the right place at the right time for the right patient
The administration of medicines, implantation of devices and access to the right equipment at the right time is where supply chain and digital health intersect.
The Agency's goal is to streamline the Supply Chain and transform the way Australia's health sector does business.